April 1, 2010

Elephants, mi amore...



I just wanted to talk about something near and dear to my heart... elephants. I absolutely love them. They are so big and gorgeous, and amazing.
Reasons why they are my favorite animal:
1- They never forget things...
2- They mourn the loss of a fellow elephant.
3- They will crush you

I recently rode a elephant at the Renaissance fair this last weekend. I actually felt a little bad about it. Elephants are treated really bad when they are young to teach them to submit. Most elephants, are taken away from their mothers at young ages to be taught tricks. Before I got on the elephant at the fair, I asked how they were treated. The guy said, that the elephant works like 30 days out of the year, and the rest of the year it gets to be a full time elephant. That made me pretty happy. So I hopped on....



No comments: