August 31, 2010

Waiting for....

I feel like I've hit a brick wall. It's been 3 months since I've graduated and I still don't have a 'career' type job. I have a internship, but I can't pay my bills with praise. It's really frustrating because I feel like I'm a good candidate with a lot to offer. I'm still doing the substitute teaching thing, but that revolves around teachers calling in. Also, it requires a lot of teachers calling in, since theres a lot of substitute teachers and we're all waiting for the same thing. Since I don't have anything steady, I'm trying to find other things to occupy my time.       


                                           I want a hookah. 


Currently, I'm interning for the Jacksonville ABA Basketball team. We don't have a name yet, but our season doesn't start until December. I'm the media relation intern, I'll be responsible for media kits, press packages,  and other fun stuff. Hopefully, this internship will lead to something. I've also signed up for a study circle about race relations in Jacksonville. I won't be getting paid for this either. I'm the youngest member and I can tell the older people are stuck in their ways. It's pretty interesting though, sitting around talking about race and breaking down barriers. 

                             I would love to sit and talk about race relations with these two...

No comments: