July 10, 2010

Salty and Sandy

So, I've officially made it to Florida a couple days ago. The drive was ridiculous. But somehow, I managed to make it. I'm staying at my dad's right now. He has a three bedroom and lives alone, so theres plenty of space for me and my crap. The front room looks like box city. I've been on the beach everyday that I've been here and it feels like home. Sadly though, when I get my own place, I'll most likely live in the city. Jax is about 30 min away from the beach, so it won't be too bad. I'm just whiney because I'm so incredibly close right now, its seriously a 10 min drive to the beach.

I've been pretty focused on getting a job. It's really important, but my job efforts have been half-assed I have to admit. I want to live without any obligations for as long as I can... which will probably end in 2 weeks. My bills are piling up!

The big thing that I'm worried about it my sister. She has the option to stay in Florida, to start a new life and I feel that she won't because of a boy. Her home situation in Oklahoma is awful, to say the least. My mother doesn't have the time to give her adequate attention and most of the time my sister spends time with the boy. Its a really bad situation, and I don't want to get into too much detail. The short story of it, is that she needs to start fresh somewhere. Its just heartbreaking because I can tell that she wants to stay and that she loves it here, but this boy has her wrapped around him and its just awful. Most likely, she will go back to Oklahoma... and things will end in heartbreak... thats the natural circle of life...

No comments: