September 13, 2011

Insurrection


I've gotten out of the loop concerning politics. I used to be semi well informed. Now, I'm lucky if I read a tweet from CNN. It's not that I don't care. It's just that it's getting so old. So stereotypical and cliche. I want to punch people that are republicans in the face. I don't even want to try to reason with them. Just punching. I will say this, if a republican is voted into office, and shit starts to get worse- I'm taking it to the streets. We will organize like all the other countries around the world did, through Facebook, twitter, social media.

Event: Insurrection of the People, Main Street.


[Is rioting the correct way to express your discontent?

"Yes," said the young man. "You wouldn't be talking to me now if we didn't riot, would you?"
The TV reporter from Britain's ITV had no response. So the young man pressed his advantage. "Two months ago we marched to Scotland Yard,  more than 2,000 of us, all blacks, and it was peaceful and calm and you know what? Not a word in the press. Last night a bit of rioting and looting and look around you."] -World Blog


Am I condoning violence? Maybe. Violence is the way this world has changed throughout it's existence  Sometimes, it's the only way to get a message across loud and clear. To let the government know that we are here, we exist, and we don't like the way things are going. Of course, I am not condoning the destruction of personal property, local businesses, deaths, ect.
The government buildings will do just fine.


No comments: