May 26, 2009

Are you religious?



Really?
The other day, my aunt came up to visit me and like most, no...all of my family she is a christian. She asked me, "so what do you think about religion?" I said, "Do you really want to know?" She responded with "yes, be honest."

So I laid it out..... most if not all religion was created to control the masses. The kings in the middle ages used it to control the lower casts. This was to prevent the masses from uprising, or thinking for themselves. Thats pretty much what religion does, it thinks for you. It gives you your opinions. I could ask my mother any question, and she would want to look at the bible first before answering me. Huh, does that even make sense?
I thought the whole purpose of Christianity was free will.
Where is the free will, when your persecuted for not believing.
This is not just about Christianity this is about all religion. Religious fundamentalists are increasing in two of the most powerful and dangerous religions: Christianity and Islam.

We have got to stop pushing our beliefs among our children, and let them decide for themselves.
We do not need a religious war.

So, if you haven't seen Religulous, see it! But also, just think for yourself, and research!

No comments: